Monday, April 29, 2013

Clip Chart and Class Dojo

So I posted before about Class Dojo and using it instead of my Clip Chart. But for those of you who really enjoy the clip chart and want to keep using it but are intrigued by using Class Dojo, here is a link about one teacher who is using both. I did try this as well and started off with if students got 3 points they could clip up, but I still found it distracting for the students to be up and down, maybe that's just me. I have almost all of my parents connected to Dojo so communication has been really easy. I did also try to have students write down the number of points they had on their clip chart folders, but I feel this would work better for older students, or to start it at the beginning of the year. It was easy for them to color in the square on the calendar what color they landed on, but they couldn't tell their parents what exactly they did good (or bad) to end the day on that color.

So, perhaps you will be able to make it work in your classroom.
Clip Chart and Class Dojo

No comments:

Post a Comment